Thursday, June 7, 2012

Crazy Dangerous by Andrew Klavan


Hello all, 

Today we're taking a look at a new book by Andrew Klavan called Crazy Dangerous. If you don't have it on your TBR lists, get out your pens and write it down or type it in or list it on Goodreads or whatever it is you do for your TBRs. For today's post, we get to see a little more intimately into the life of the writer.

We writers all have a special place where we go to allow the muse to work. For some it's a quaint coffee shop, for others it may be a favorite chair. For Andrew Klavan, he's got himself an awesome workshop. :) 


Writing Place

I have a workshop in the backyard of my house.  It’s only a small shack but it has just enough room for me to do what I need to do:  sit and work, pace, lie down and read on the sofa from time to time.  I’ve got it decorated with framed jackets from some of my books.  And there’s a framed print of Caravaggio’s painting “The Inspiration of Saint Matthew,” with the angel whispering in St. Matthew’s ear while he sits writing at his table. Not that I compare myself to St. Matthew, but I do think of good writing as a matter of inspiration:  something that is breathed into you from somewhere else. I really like my workshop because I’m off by myself there, but I can always wander into the house and have lunch with my wife or get something from my bookshelves. It’s a good arrangement.











Award winning author, screenwriter and media commentator Andrew Klavan is the author of such internationally bestselling novels as True Crime, filmed by Clint Eastwood, and Don’t Say A Word, filmed starring Michael Douglas. Andrew has been nominated for the Mystery Writers of America’s Edgar Award five times and has won twice. His books have been translated around the world. His latest novel for adults, The Identity Man, has been praised by Nelson Demille as “fast paced, intelligent and thought-provoking; a great read!” Television and radio host Glenn Beck says “Andrew Klavan never disappoints…one of the best illustrations of the power of redemption that I’ve ever read.” His last novel Empire of Lies was about media bias in the age of terror, and topped Amazon.com’s thriller list. Andrew has also published a series of thrillers for young adults, The Homelanders, which follows a patriotic teenager’s battle against jihadists. The books have been optioned to be made into movies by Summit Entertainment, the team behind the mega-successful Twilight film series.







No comments:

Post a Comment