Friday, July 13, 2012

Interview with Lindsay Downs








Please help me welcome Lindsay Downs, author of Emily Dahill, a young adult mystery/detective series. She’s currently promoting her second in the series. Let’s spend some time together, shall we? 


1.  What is your favorite snack?
Since I consider coffee, in particular from Starbucks, a food source that's my favorite snack. During the cold weather it's usually a venti cappuccino with cinnamon powder on top. During the hot weather I change over to a venti Iced Americano. 

AH! Another SB lover. This makes me happy. 

2.  What genre do you write?
The Emily Dahill Series is adult/YA mystery but I’m also writing a regency romance for a change.

3.  What is your favorite genre to read?
Given a choice I’ll take regency romance book but I have been known to read contemporary romance and suspense.

4.  Do you have any pets?
No I don’t. I have a border collie (BC) mix and cat that own me. They’re the best. Rescued. When I was adopted by the BC he came with prisoner number 207 so I named him Dakota, after the hero in my Emily Dahill Series. The cat, aka. little brat, came with the name Sparkie not that he comes when called. Typical cat.

5.  Are you a plotter or a panster?
I’m proud to say that I’m a panster. That doesn’t mean that I might not plan a future scene in whatever story I’m writing. I just don’t sit down, then outline or make notes on the book.

6.  Did you choose your genre or did it choose you?
Interestingly, the mystery genre with characters in the Army and a collie hero chose me. It’s my style of writing that gets the books listed as YA even though adults do read and enjoy them.

7.  Do you think that mystery will ever surpass regency as the genre to read?
I don’t know but if I was to hazard a guess I don’t think so. At one point, not long ago, I would have hoped so but now that I’ve venturing into writing regency I’m torn between the two. Each has a lot to offer readers.

8.  What's your favorite color?
Army green of course.

Emily Dahill, CID Part 2
Tears- Bullied at school, Mary Todd is just about to give up when Dakota and Emily come to her rescue.
Friends and Family- Dakota helps a she-wolf and her cubs while he continues to cause mischief with hilarious results.
Guardian- Against all odds Dakota works to protect Emily, from her boyfriend and herself.
The Loser- Emily and Dakota step into intrigue when a soldier can’t hit the target with any degree of consistency.


Here’s where you can find me-
Twitter- Ldowns2966
LinkedIn- Lindsay Downs
Facebook/Author Page- Dakota-Hero
Goodreads- Lindsay Downs

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for interviewing me Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview Lindsay! :) Keep on writing! Your book is on my TBR pile!

    ReplyDelete